Who is Druh?


I was born in Sweden in the early seventies. I grew up on a farm with my

parents and siblings.

We had a wonderful dog. She was great at gently holding our little hands with her big white teeth when we tried to pull on her and ride her (as kids do).


We had two horses; my horse was always very bitchy and would nip me in the butt every time I was cleaning out her hoofs. She would rear her head and sneer at me – as if she was laughing (which I bet she was).

My sister’s horse was pretty wild. These were half Arabian horses so it went with the territory, I suppose. Our parents had to get a horse trainer to tame him.


Life on the farm was fun. There was always something to do. Mom would tell us kids to go out and play all day and we’d have breakfast, then we’d come in for lunch at noon, and

then supper at night.

We had a secret spot in the forest behind a neighbour’s house, where we’d make small fires to get our black pot of boiling water going, so we could pretend we were cooking like mom.

I had the best wild chanterelle mushroom spots, and would bring home several pounds at a time, and we’d make delicious mushroom sandwiches with white bechamel sauce.

We had a big rock we used to climb in the field where the cattle were kept. We had to run pretty fast sometimes, so we wouldn’t get a horn in the butt! The steers were always wanting to “play” and some of the cows, too.

We had several cats who lived in the barn with the horses. We’d play with the cats and hold them and walk around with them like little babies. We’d try to put them in the baby carriage, but they’d always jump out.

We biked everywhere. I would mostly be the one to get the milk from the neighbour. He lived a couple of miles down the road. I would hang the two jugs of milk on my handle

bars, and gently bike home.

When home, we’d open up the milk and let it sit for a while so that the cream would settle on top. Then, we’d spoon off the cream and drink some of it, and whip the rest of it up to have in our coffees and hot chocolates. Mom would also frequently make an array of desserts which most all required whipped cream. It was heaven!


My mom’s parents would come and visit us frequently, and give us lots of candy,

so we loved that! We’d visit them, too. My mom’s dad would teach me math.

He had so much patience. 

My mom’s mom used to go for walks with me and bike with me sometimes. When she and my mom’s dad made us salads, it was always minced into extremely small pieces

of cucumber, peppers, and radishes, so the juices would mingle and the flavours

would marry. It was delicious!


They would not come around to the farm when my dad’s mom came to visit. She was loud and very confident. She always had time to tell us stories, and we’d sit for hours listening to how she had danced with officers in the military at these grand ballroom events. She told us how she had used to make rag dolls for sale to make ends meet. She had cleaned houses and done laundry. Anything to feed her 6 kids. She had never been able to count on her husband to support her. I met him a few times. He had a voice like a bassoon.

It thundered when he spoke.


My favorite subjects in school were English, and Swedish. I probably read about 20 books a week from the kids’ section when I was growing up. Reading whisked me away too far off lands where I could be and do anything.


In the early eighties, my parents decided that we’d be moving to either Canada, The States, or Australia. So, they began applying to become landed immigrants in each of those countries. Canada responded first, so we began the lengthy application process.

My dad was a farmer but also a small-town politician in Sweden. Mom was a lab tech at the local hospital. She was annoyed, because Canada didn’t recognize her Swedish lab tech training, so she’d have to redo it in Canada when we moved there.

In the mid-eighties, we finally moved to Alberta. It was April and the snow drifts were almost as tall as me at 5’4!  In Sweden, we’d never have winter in April. It was so cold, and the wind was howling. My cousin (who had moved to Canada a few years before then) came with her husband, and picked us up at the airport. We stayed with them for a couple of weeks until we could move onto the farm my parents had bought in the middle

of nowhere.  


I started high school in the fall. I loved home economics, and did really well in French and English. I was still really shy, but it was getting better. Being new in a small school, I got a lot of attention, which I shied away from. The other students would stand around me and want me to speak Swedish so I would sound like the Swedish cook off the Muppets to them, lol.


I completed one year of high school in Canada. Then I decided that I really missed Sweden, so my parents sent me to Sweden’s most posh boarding school. I had a lot of fun there and made friends from all over the world. After a year, I decided I missed my family too much, and went back to Canada.


Now I was 18, and was going into grade 12. By this time, my parents had moved to

a farm closer to civilization.

Then I decided I should go to college. While in college, I worked part time as a bylaw enforcement officer, a correctional officer, and joined the Canadian Military. It was a hectic time. I bought a house in Edmonton in the mid-nineties, when I decided to leave

the army. I got into youth work, and enjoyed that work for many years.


Shortly after, I moved west of Edmonton for love. Out there, I ran an online e zine, and made money from selling ads. That petered out, and I got a job with the government, as first a file clerk, then accounts receivable/payable, and then as an executive assistant. After 5 years there, I felt a better fit for me would be as a driver, so I acquired my class 1 license, and went into the oilfield as a hot shot driver. It was a lot of fun but very busy! Very different from the structured government job I had held. It was like the wild west. The work was very physical, but I didn’t mind. I really enjoyed the people I worked with.


While living west of Edmonton, I started on a true soul journey of finding myself. I took Reiki, started collecting gem stones, went for years to sweat lodges, took several Theta Healing courses, and even went to California and took Jo Dunning’s Quick Pulse course! I had energy healing clients who had great results with everything from relationship problems to trouble with kissing, and cancer. I did past life readings and healings. I found that I loved helping people!

In the fall of 2011, my relationship ended. I bought my place in Calmar, and drove hotshot for a couple of years until I got a great job as a driver with a local company. I met my husband, and we married. I loved him very much. Unfortunately, he passed from cancer, so I’m still grieving his loss.


In May of 2020, I started YEG Natural FaceLift, It’s a natural fit for me, because I love nurturing people when it comes to self-confidence, comfort, and beauty.

Thank you for reading this, and getting to know me. I appreciate you.



Love Druh

Druh Jaxen
Microcurrent Rejuvenation Technician



Calmar, AB